Writing asp with linux

Belzar

Hi, before when I was writing asp I was using Windows Operating System, I recently swiched back to Linux OS and I am having trouble writing asp using it. I am using the program called Nvu and it seems to only make HTML files. If there is anybody here that uses Linux and knows a good program that will help me, please reply and let me know. Thanks a lot.

Are you talking about just a text editor, or an IDE like Visual Studio?

Hey, I guess what I mean is a Visual Studio type program... I used Dreamweaver on Windows so I could do the graphics and all... Now, besides the text editor I am not sure what to use to do this.

You could take a look at aspnetguy's link, but I wouldn't expect very good support for ASP on Linux. ASP is, after all, a Microsoft product, and you probably know how the Linux folks feel about Microsoft.

You could take a look at aspnetguy's link, but I wouldn't expect very good support for ASP on Linux.  ASP is, after all, a Microsoft product, and you probably know how the Linux folks feel about Microsoft.

Exactly. If you are that serious about moving away from windows you should learn PHP. You are already going to have to learn a new database unless you were running MySQL on windows.