Problems with Script

Guest Indiana92

Guest Indiana92

Situation: in an ASP page i have created i read a table and i display an ID from the table then i have a button and when i click on a run a new query and then the window has to be closed. (This page is an example page made it to specify my problem)The problem: when i click the button the btnsave_onclick proc is executed but if i insert the commands to open my table it is non completely executed. If i leave only a msgbox("HELLO") and a window.close commands there are non problem. If i insert all the rows to create a connection i don't see the msgbox("HELLO"); another problem is that i have set some Application variables in Global.ASA and normally i can read them from vbscript code buto in this proc i can't read them. Where is my error ?I put my asp page code.Thanks in advance for help. :) <script LANGUAGE="vbscript">Sub btnsave_onclickdbconn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") ' from here commands are not executed'and variables are non readdbconn.ConnectionString = "Provider=VFPOLEDB;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acut\database\Aupd\;Collating Sequence=Machine"dbconn.Open "",""'dbConn.ConnectionString = Application(Aupd_connectionstring")'dbconn.Open Application("dbconn_RuntimeUserName"),Application("DbConn_RuntimePassword")SQLQuery= "Select * From Usrs" msgbox("HELLO")window.CloseEnd Sub</script><%cId = Request.QueryString("Id")Set dbconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")dbconn.ConnectionString =Application("Aupd_connectionstring")dbconn.Open Application("dbconn_RuntimeUserName"),Application("DbConn_RuntimePassword")SQLQuery= "SELECT Usrs.Id, Usrs.psw, Usrs.Cli, Usrs.Mail, Usrs.Tipo, Usrs.Area, Usrs.Act " & _ "From Usrs " & _ "Where Id='" & cId & "' " & _ "order by Id"Set RS=dbconn.Execute(SQLQuery)%><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>Test</title></head><body><% Response.Write(Rs("Id"))%><p><STRONG><FONT face=Tahoma color=dimgray size="2"> <INPUT id=btnsave type=submit value="Conferma"></FONT></STRONG></p></body></html><%dbconn.CloseSet RS=Nothing%>

Situation: in an ASP page i have created i read a table and i display an ID from the table then i have a button and when i click on a run a new query  and  then the window has to be closed. (This page is an example page made it to specify my problem)The problem: when i click the button the btnsave_onclick proc is executed but if i insert the commands to open my table it is non completely executed. If i leave only  a msgbox("HELLO") and a window.close commands there are non problem. If i insert all the rows to create a connection i don't see the msgbox("HELLO"); another problem is that i have set some Application variables in Global.ASA and normally i can read them from vbscript code buto in this proc i can't read them. Where is my error ?I put my asp page code.Thanks in advance for help. :) <script  LANGUAGE="vbscript">Sub btnsave_onclick// Is this an ADO Object.. if so it has to be set dbconn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") dbconn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") nice example on w3schools. http://www.w3schools.com/ado/prop_conn_connectionstring.aspDid you store your database connection in application variable....Application(Aupd_connectionstring")[/ ' from here commands are not executed'and variables are non readdbconn.ConnectionString = "Provider=VFPOLEDB;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\acut\database\Aupd\;Collating Sequence=Machine"dbconn.Open "",""'dbConn.ConnectionString = Application(Aupd_connectionstring")'dbconn.Open Application("dbconn_RuntimeUserName"),Application("DbConn_RuntimePassword")SQLQuery= "Select * From Usrs" msgbox("HELLO")window.CloseEnd Sub</script><%cId = Request.QueryString("Id")Set dbconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")dbconn.ConnectionString =Application("Aupd_connectionstring")dbconn.Open Application("dbconn_RuntimeUserName"),Application("DbConn_RuntimePassword")SQLQuery= "SELECT Usrs.Id, Usrs.psw, Usrs.Cli, Usrs.Mail, Usrs.Tipo, Usrs.Area, Usrs.Act " & _  "From Usrs " & _  "Where Id='" & cId & "' " & _  "order by Id"Set RS=dbconn.Execute(SQLQuery)%><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>Test</title></head><body><% Response.Write(Rs("Id"))%><p><STRONG><FONT face=Tahoma color=dimgray size="2">    <INPUT id=btnsave type=submit value="Conferma"></FONT></STRONG></p></body></html><%dbconn.CloseSet RS=Nothing%>