Data Islands

scott100

Hi guys, new to xml and needing some help.I have a data island and importing the data into my html file - ok there.One of the fields in the data island is for an email address, so what i want is in the html page that the email address is clickable and will open up a new messageHere is what i have:

<table border="1" datasrc="#lets"><tr><td><a href='datafld="EMAIL"'><span datafld="EMAIL"></span></a></td></tr></table>

so how do i get the data from EMAIL to be added to the href? :) Sorry if this is realy simple but we've all got to start somewhere eh!

I am not very experienced in XML but I believe that data islands are an IE only feature. I may be wrong though.

Oh right...That's not a problem though as everyone in my organisation is on IE.Well maybe i don't wan't to get into bad habbits, do you know what i should use instead of data islands? :)

Normally I would say "XSLT", but knowing you enough scott, I think you may do better with JavaScript or XML DOM to be more precise :) .

Normally I would say "XSLT", but knowing you enough scott, I think you may do better with JavaScript or XML DOM to be more precise :) .

Thanks, i will look into XSLT, it's about time i learned how these all worked and like to keep an open mind.