Modifying CSS within Dreamweaver template

safkhet

Hello. I am a newbie and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am redesigning a page within a Dreamweaver template. There are CSS stylesheets and JavaScript attached which is part of branding standards.

There are many changes that I would like to make but I am having to comment out elements since the template is for the entire website.

I am not allowed to completely change the header or the footer ( I asked our webmaster). Is there a way to override the template header and insert my own navbar while retaining the other presets?

Next, I am having trouble with my div box alignment. I want to create div boxes for my left column, middle content, and a few right column boxes. I thought I could use display: inline as a quick fix, but my boxes are aligning vertically.

I am trying to amend the current CSS sheets without having to create a new one.

Last, my scrolling marquee is not centered. I had a bear of a time sorting through someone else's awful JavaScript but it is still off. Kind of frustrated with guessing.

I am attaching files for the code and main css sheets. I am guessing that one of the CSS sheets is overriding the changes I want to make. But I do not know enough to find where. I know this is mostly about my struggle with Dreamweaver. I hope I posted in the right forum.

Many thanks in advance!

default.html

layout.css

CSSMenu_library2.css

Edited by safkhet