Gradual transition of an interrupted keyframes :hover animation

abbabba

My animation uses keyframes, starts on hover and has a long duration. When I move the mouse out while the animation is still running it stops instantly. I need the interrupted animation returns to it's original values gradually. (Like 'transform' does).

@keyframes KF_Problem { 100% {transform:scale(2);} }.Problem:hover { animation:KF_Problem 3s; }.Problem       { transform:scale(1); transition:3s;}.All_OK:hover  { transform:scale(2); transition:3s;}.All_OK        { transform:scale(1); transition:3s;}

1) How can I do that?

2) Why does Firefox "do the work" automatically and all other browsers don't?

Just try the simplified code with Firefox and with all other modern browsers to see the difference...

Edited by abbabba

Do you really need animation? and are you including browser prefixes that is required for different browsers and their different browser versions, for example

.Problem       { -webkit-transform: scale(1);-moz-transform: scale(1);-o-transform: scale(1);transform: scale(1);-webkit-transition: -webkit-transform 3s ease;-moz-transition: -moz-transform 3s ease;transition: transform 3s ease;            }           .Problem:hover { -webkit-transform: scale(2);-moz-transform: scale(2);-o-transform: scale(2);transform: scale(2); }