ftp program

Little Goat

There are ways around the price tag (not paying in other words) if you know what I mean...

I use HTML Kit for FTP but it's primary function is an editor :)  Just drag n drop your files from harddrive to server, sweet  :)

Thats how PHP designer works! That is nice isn't it.
I really like smartFTP. It is a good one
I like smart FTP but it is kinda complicated for me.smartftp.gifI don't mean to say it's bad or anything but I like file zilla. It has a total of about ten buttons.filezilla.jpgSee simple isn't it. Just for you to consider LG.-snowboard01PS the fisrt screenshot didn't save quite right it isn't really green it is actually about the same gray as filezilla.Cheers :)

I'm old school:http://www.ipswitch.com/products/ws_ftp/I actually still use a version called WS_FTP LE which is not y2k compliant but the most stable i've ever used.You can still download this version here:http://www.frognet.net/help/archives/wsftp...loadinstall.php

I used WS_FTP for years, good program. But CoreFTP has a few more convenient features that makes it a little easier for me to work with. And I don't really like FileZilla, I'll use it, but it's irritating to try and do a batch upload where you have to overwrite everything and there's no "overwrite all" button, you sit there and hit overwrite 80 times. So, I stick with the Core.

Oh good point I never tried a big overwrite before. When I want to to overwite everything on the server I start with a delete all. I think I'll use the core now. I really don't care what FTP client I use I'll use anything. I even used the PSpad FTP for basic ftp uses for a while and in that one you have open the file to FTP it. Of coarse I was coding in PSpad so the files were already open. Maybe I'll even try WS_FTP I don't care so long as it can get a file from point a to b.

thanx, guys. I really feel like a noob now; I can't even figure out where I am supposed to put my files! I downloaded smartftp, but it sounds like coreFTP is better once I really get into it.Edit: does anyone know how to get to my space after I log on to the ftp server? I use dcole.ath.cx for hosting.

set the path or directory to the folder. EG: My files are in a folder called josh and coding on the server so this is how I fill out the formTitle: Josh and codinghost:joshandcoding.atspace.comserver path: joshandcoding.atspace.com(joshandcoding.atspace.com is the name of the folder were my folders are the fact it is the same as the host is a coincidence.)local path:C:\Josh\profilewebport:21password:N/A

You will probaby want to ask the host. Most things are in a folder like www or public_html, but you may have to look around.check the usr folder firstor maybe /usr/local/apache/htdocs/public_htmlor etc/httpd/htdocs/public_html

p.s. stay away from BulletProof FTP. I used that at one of my former employers and although its is nice once it is set up correctly, it is very easy to misconfigure which can casue weird caching and deleting - on btoh sides.