Navigation Menu CSS Help

JFast6463

Hello Forum,

Okay so this is probably the easiest question to answer but I am new to coding and CSS/HTML so I hope someone can answer this.

Created a Navigation Menu on my website and added code to center the Links to the center of the page which works fine but as you can see the picture I attached, the links are sitting below the blue menu bar. It looks like there is a line height issue or something. I went through a bunch of the demos on this site and couldn't get it right. This is the code I am using to get it centered:

<style type="text/css">
#primary-menu-container ul{text-align:center;}
#primary-menu-container ul li {
float: none;
display: inline-block;
}
h1#site-logo{
display:none;
}
#primary-menu-container {
float: none;
clear: both;
margin: auto;
width: 75%;
}
</style>
Thanks to who ever responds and its much appreciated.
Website if you want to see the whole thing is: www.ChrisReedTattoo.com

post-189300-0-74610100-1441905333_thumb.png

N out of contexr frament of CSS and an image do not give us any real information about structure, layout or what is being applied directly or through inheritance.

We need at the ver least the markup, and complete CSS, or preferably a link to the page so we can actually see what it is doing ar r'un diagnostics.

To start with you learn how to respond politely and co-operate wih someone willing to try an help you. Perhaps someone with better typing will come along and offer a guess.

Oh plain text; missed it.

Seeing th site does bring the star of a solution. The markup is not valid. The validator a bunch of minor nonsense, but also the use of obsolete/depreciated tags and structural error. The problem looks to be structurally related so the place to start is to validate the code and fix the error. If that does not fix it then at least you know the structure is valid and the cause will most likely be an incorrect value in the stylesheet for the menu bar.

The site actually has a bigger problem... the initial load time is way too long and probably results in lost visitors who are not willing to wait.