Javascript auto added to every site

ben3001

This is just a question out of curiosity, but what does this do, its on all web pages now (i think) and have never really seen the use of it:

<script language="JavaScript"><!--function SymError(){  return true;}window.onerror = SymError;var SymRealWinOpen = window.open;function SymWinOpen(url, name, attributes){  return (new Object());}window.open = SymWinOpen;//--></script>

This is just a question out of curiosity, but what does this do, its on all web pages now (i think) and have never really seen the use of it:
It's from Norton Internet Security, have you recently installed it? That's the code that stops popup ads etc. Nothing to worry about :)http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...indpost&p=11510

yeah ive had norton for a long time now but havent really been bothered about it, i was bored today and now i have my answer, you know thats why i might have pop ups not appearing any more... go Norton (when your norton expires do you think it gets removed?

(when your norton expires do you think it gets removed?
I don't think it will get removed, we have purchased the software after all. All that should happen after it expires is we won't get updates to our virus protection, but popup/adblocker should still remain intact.I can't say for sure, i just installed it in January and have one years subscription. :)