A responsive php based b2b website

ugintl

I have a script developed in php. It is non-responsive. I want to convert it to a responsive website. Is there any free tool or software or step by step guide to do it? I know a little html and css, but not php. I was wondering if there is a place where I can import my existing template, apply bootstrap with one click and export. It is an open source script and can be downlaoded from phpb2b.com.

Google has a guide here:

https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/getting-started/your-first-multi-screen-site/responsive?hl=en

There's another pretty good one here:

http://learn.shayhowe.com/advanced-html-css/responsive-web-design/

Other than that, there are plenty of other tutorials online if you search for it.

thank you. I will look at these links. Someone told me that "to make your website responsive, change css or to bootstrap, you have to change the html". Is it true? Only changing the html will make my website responsive? Bootstrap is responsive itself.

You have use specific html structure of elements with specific classes for the responsiveness to work. It uses classes for specific device sizes and percentage width of element using grid system 1 to 12, with 12 being 100%

A element with class="col-lg-4 col-md-6 col-sm-12" will width 25% for desktop, width 50% for tablet, width 100% for smaller devices, so depending on layout you prefer you would use appropriate class.

The menu structure is done in such away to change from the none fixed desktop menu to a more appropriate mobile menu which can be fixed to top as you scroll down.

It is not the case where you download, link to bootstrap and everything instantly becomes responsive.