In freewebs HTML, how do I add a..................

Ryusuke

I will thank you when I'm happy

lol. Talk about having an attitude. Not many people will want to help you if you say things like that. :) Just a tip.

Sorry, HTML's just really frustratingThanks again mister
Don't worry about it :) If your having problems with web languages we are happy to help, just don't take your frustation out on us.Remember, you are getting free help/advice.

• 2 months later...
colour background, and then a centered image over it?and inside that image, all the links to content etc...
You could do a number of things. First of all, it is not possible to have a background color with a background image on it. You can only have one background element. Next, if you would chose to use a background image, you can't use links on an image in the background.You can find everything you're looking for in the HTML and CSS tutorials.

...First of all, it is not possible to have a background color with a background image on it. You can only have one background element...
I don't think so. this example uses a background color on the body, and an image on it too.

I don't think so. this example uses a background color on the body, and an image on it too.
You both are right.What joecoolaug means is this, "if you use background image without any restrictions than it will cover 100% of your page and you will not be able to see any background color even if it's there."But if you restrict it like in the example you mentioned above, that's restricted background. Check the code below.
background: #00ff00 url('smiley.gif') no-repeat fixed center

NO REPEAT - FIXED - CENTER + SMALL IMAGE + THAT IMAGE IS A TRANSPARENT IMAGE.So you can see the background color. Normally background image command repeats the image until it covers the whole page and most of the time background images are non-transparent.If you go to above example page and just remove "no-repeat" from the code and Click on the "Edit the text and click me" button, it will show you background image all over the page. Try it.dorothy