• 3 weeks later...

Try...

div {
    background: url(mybackgnd.jpg);
    background-size: 100% 100%;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
} 

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

Do I have to write this in the stylesheet? What do I write then on the other pages? Maybe I have to put some div's somewere? Feel free to look at my website: www.bijbelstudiegent.be

Thank you

Andreas

Davej made a bit of foobar using on a div, unless that div is made to fill the whole screen its height will only be to content within it. The best option would be to apply to body.

<style>
 body {
}
</style>
Can be placed between <head>...</head> tags

While

body {
}
Can be placed in external stylesheet (WITHOUT style tags) which must be linked to, note image must be relative to stylesheet, if stylesheet placed in folder the path to imzage must be adjusted.

Right first establish if you can see image

IF styling of background-image is placed between styled tags, WITHIN <head> and </head>, place img tag within body as you normally would to show image, if it works and you see imge, whatever is in src, you place that within url() of background-image.

IF IN EXTERNAL style sheet, and css file is NOT in the same location as the page you wish to insert background image (as this will use previous solution) place html page with image within that at the same location as css file, again if it shows, the path in src is what you should use for background image.

This must be in page with .htm, .html unless using server-side script language .php for example.

IF using windows notepad or any basic o/s text editor they MUST be saved as utf-8 encoded ( dropdown close to where you enter filename, and select save as format).

Edited by dsonesuk

I have now this in the head of each page:

<style type="text/css">

body {

background-image: url("images/hortensia.jpg");

background-attachment: fixed;

}

And now I have the picture as background.

But there is one small problem. The picture is horizontally a little bit stretched. And when I change the seize of the screen the picture get stretched in different ways. I think it must be possible to get the picture like it is originally, not stretched. But how?