What is CMS?

krishnanayaks

I just know about CSS....

A content management system(CMS) is a PC application that permits distributed, altering, changing, sorting out, erasing, and keeping up substance from a focal interface. Such frameworks of substance administration give methodology to oversee work process in a cooperative domain.

Please give some deep detail ...why use it and what benefits get from CMS to be used...

CMS has everything prebuilt for you, template which has header, footer main content, side content areas (which adjust automatically for example from 1 to 3 column layout depending where you wish content to appear) , css styling, register, register confirmation, login system, email system setup, menu system, categorization of content etc, so all you have to do is provide content in article, page or post editor depending of CMS you use, then create menu to link to that content, OR place static content in specific area of page for specific pages from dropdown, and that content will be shown where you have chosen, ie Content Management System.

They also can come as responsive for mobile devices, where the main content (article, post, page) is shown, while the side columns which will be mainly for such things as advertisement and so not as important, will not be shown, and the menu will change to a more mobile friendly menu.

Wordpress is the most overrated piece of junk of a cms EVER! SEO friendly MY A@$£, and only popular because kiddies can create a free quicky website without the need to bother to learn html, css, server-language, or SEO, Trying to create user friendly links using post parent categories, along with there child categories, in a hierarchical structure is like pulling your teeth out with pliers. and the links you hover over never match canonical, or the links you setup within edit page.

One more thing, Merry Christmas (not Holidays, ITS Christmas, do i go Merry holidays in summer? NO because its just a holiday) and Happy New Year.

Wordpress is the most overrated piece of junk of a cms EVER! SEO friendly MY A@$£, and only popular because kiddies can create a free quicky website without the need to bother to learn html, css, server-language, or SEO, Trying to create user friendly links using post parent categories, along with there child categories, in a hierarchical structure is like pulling your teeth out with pliers. and the links you hover over never match canonical, or the links you setup within edit page.

One more thing, Merry Christmas (not Holidays, ITS Christmas, do i go Merry holidays in summer? NO because its just a holiday) and Happy New Year.

You're so funny. So what you really want is that if someone wanna do "business" must spend time to learn the coding techniques? Why should we waste our time for that?

All we care about is to let our prospective customers to know our brands or services. And the only thing that we need to focus on is SEO!

I love fishing. But I don't think learning how to make fishing rods will benefit me to do that.

So what you really want is that if someone wanna do "business" must spend time to learn the coding techniques? Why should we waste our time for that?

Because numpty, You NEED to know PHP coding, to control Wordpress website layout, and show posts, custom fields etc. Just google "how to in wordpress" and see how many php coding hacks you have to perform to have wordpress produce the content you require. Also the Wordpress codex site, what do think that is setup for? How to code Wordpress WITHOUT or maybe WITH its own PHP coding techniques.

You NEED to be aware on how to create a semantically correct structured website for your "website" to rank high, then! from that your "business" will grow. Wordpress for it to become even a partially correct semantically structured website need about 20 PLUGINS, I've even seen it need plugins for plugins. WITHOUT these you NEED to add even more to your coding techniques.

Even WP plugins come with there own problems, invalid html, placement of css, incompatible jquery.

Wordpress is kaka unless you want spend lots cash paying professional developers, to correct and make it more SEO friendly, and for some unfathomable reason just LOVE Wordpress, hmmmm i wonder why?

Your point makes sense. WordPress has some bad sides (i.e. date on post appeared on meta description, Google bots report error with WordPress "Page" type in Structured Data section in Google Search Control tool.) I do "code" to make my site looks more appealing for my customers. Let's don't argue with that.

OnPage SEO and OffPage SEO are both important. But for me, I think it's better to spend time on writing articles that unique, special and interesting for people to be on top, rather than spending time (and money maybe) to learn coding. Diversification is good, I admit. But how can we manage the both sightly different aspects (SEO and coding) AND doing our business at the same time to be the great?

This is my last post on this topic. No matter what you think, I believe you have your own reason to do so. But WordPress provides a great tool for anyone who wants to disseminate their business brand on the Internet, someone who has zero knowledge of coding just like me. And I appreciate what WordPress team has done.

Edited by quangluong