Eh....

tissot

well, I was designing a graphic for the rollovers on the buttonsdam5pe.jpgBascially... when a user hovered any button, then the entirely button will be changed into an over-shadow effect... other buttons will have the same effect too.that does sound impossbile, does it?ill show u.dam35ot.jpgeventuallydam14bn.jpg^ looks not right huh? ;/ so its impossbile to make it look right... is it? well, the reason im posting this thread is im wondering if there is any way to make it look right.

Well you should have you should re post this question in html/xhtml for more help. unless your trying to shadow the thing, which doesn't sound like you asking for.well there are a couple a way that this may work. have the whole thing (all buttons) as one big image them use html map tag with the area tag with shape poly to map out each area then change the big image to one with that button there over being shadowed or with some effect.Another way is to make each button (home, links, forum...) be a button then use z-index or z-axis to layer the buttons over each other and then do the map and area thing again.W3Schools has tutorials on mapping and z-index, everything I talked about.

how do you work out the coords?i doubt it will work because if you are going to make animations on the buttons, then the rollover will need the whole button size in order to animate correctly, but that will look mess up with the other rollovers with the buttons.

how do you work out the coords?
I use paint for this, if you open up a image and move the mouse around it you will see co-oridnates change down in the bottom right corner, this has saved me so much time/hassle with image mapping :)

i doubt it will work because if you are going to make animations on the buttons, then the rollover will need the whole button size in order to animate correctly, but that will look mess up with the other rollovers with the buttons.

when you go over it, the script will change the image to a different image...It will only look messed up if you make a messed up button, so it's not my idea that wouldn't work but your drawing...