Uploading content

sahduk

Ive been running my website for over a year now, and I just need an easier way to manage content. I keep editing the html files manually and its a very long process since I update regularly.

My html skills are really limited all I can currently do is edit templates.

My website currently looks like this : http://www.imaginaryboy.co.uk/#portfolio.html

Could someone tell me a very simple way of managing all my content?

What as in content management system such as Joomla, Wordpress?

You would just add content to main content area the other outer areas are controlled by template/theme page and template css file.

Essentially I want to keep my website the same. I just want to add images and videos once a week without dealing with so much coding. I just downloaded joomla it seems pretty complicated.

You will still have to edit html, add images and videos whatever alternative you choose, you may find plugin where you just add images/videos location and it creates the necessary html required to show them, but you will still need to upload etc.

Or you can create the same feature using php for instance, to look in specific folder and create again the necessary html code to show and play them. But! It is not easy, and likely to be evenly as complicated.