The best web building software

Guest tudor

I want to build a web site. Please, tell me which is the best software for this.I tried in Image Ready... I like it but it has some errors. I want to know which software is the most suitable for building a web site . And specially WHY !!!thank you very much.www.tudorionut.4t.com

Well many people have many opinions. Most use Notepad if you're a freakin nerd and know everything about HTML. A lot of newer people will use Macromedia Dreamweaver, but thats expensive unless you have student discounts or some crap like that. I use HTMLGate, available at http://www.mpsoftware.dk, but theres other programs such as...I dont know right now, havne't thought about it. Notepad will do for now though, until you learn the more important things such as Meta head information.

I second using Notepad. I started off with a WYSIWYG editor in the hopes of reading the generated code to learn positioning...BIG mistake! lol. Learn HTML and CSS code. Write a CSS file. Then write your webpage to reference the CSS file's formatting. All in notepad. Besides...by doing that, you can set yourself up for uber geek status...other languages! And Linux...

Good ol uber-geek-osity...I first downloaded CoffeeCup whatever it is, and yeah didn't learn much. Then I was overjoyed when I found out we had FrontPage...then was even more overjoyed when someone showed me how to hard-code Hello World in Notepad. Then I got HTMLGate.