easyPHP DevServer vs. A live Server

Elemental

Quick question ...

I downloaded a contact form script from www.freecontactform.com, their free version; html, php and js. If the script works when I use easyPHP DevServer, should it not also work when I upload it to a live server?

I'm not getting any errors but I'm not getting any emails either.

Peace,

Perhaps sendmail is not enabled on your live server. I have no idea what code freecontactform.com uses so I can't know why it might not be working.

Building a contact form is pretty simple, do you really need to download the code from a third party

Ingolme,

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Unfortunately I'm not an easy learner; html and css were fairly simple for me to learn but learning code, PHP, JS and the like has been a HUGE challenge for me.

I find that I learn, a little better, when I can take the code apart, kind of dissecting it if you will. But if you were to ask me to write one on my own I wouldn't know where to start; one of the reasons I didn't proceed further with Flash, and I love Flash, but the coding side of it was not sticking.

Anyway, thank you my friend, I'll look into the sendMail, perhaps I haven't asked the GoDaddy people the correct question.

Peace,

UPDATE

Turns out it was a setting on the server, MX setting, that was preventing the script from working, so that's been fixed and that, as they say, is that.

Thank You

Edited by Elemental