5 was implemented in 2014

Html

Hi,

I haven't touched on a the Hyper mark up langauge in almost ten years.

I had created this account when I was a college student, I had hoped to possibly be employed in the website design industry. But that didn't happen.

'html' is a dated as an acroym. I might request a name change to something more relevant. Today as a computer user not finanicial related, I'm runnng a 32bit XP system, so I'm more towards Blender 3D and may be a little of Python Programming, I hope to try and give ago at.

So what did this 5 bring in compared to 4.01? as I had first learnt back in 2004.

I only just noticed the change in the firefox browser from source code to inspect element.

Any temporary basic web page needs, I have just used Publisher in Microsoft office 2007.

Thanks.

HTML 5 introduces many semantic elements such as <main>, <section>, <aside>, <header>, <footer> and others.

It adds new form inputs, such as email, date, number and range

It allows embedding of audio and video natively supported by the browser as opposed to using plug-ins.

The new <canvas> element gives Javascript unprecedented power, Javascript can now be used to make videogames, video players, 3D model rendering and more.

Alongside HTML 5 is CSS 3 which is much more powerful for laying out and styling pages than CSS 2.1.

Thanks for the response, I just recognised one online user from when I was briefly here about ten years ago.

You joined as I more or less stopped posting on this forum.

That new markup sounds much better than the older code tags.