Warning!

scott100

Just incase anyone else is confronted with this problem.I had lost my apache/php connection so unistalled both and started again by installing apache. After installation apache started up as normal and i typed in http://127.0.0.1/ and http://localhost/ as you do but kept getting page error blah blah.So after hours of wasted time and wild goose chases :) i figured out that when i disabled Norton Internet Security and refreshed the page, tada, the apache homepage appeared, when i enabled Norton it disappeared again.So to fix this you have to go into:Norton Internet Security -> Status and Security -> Personal Firewall -> Configure -> Programs Tab -> Scroll down to Apache HTTP Server -> Permit All Internet AccessEverything now works fine :) Hope this helps someone somewhere :)

Yup, I've had problem similar to that also. Norton blocks and asks if you want to give permission to a program that accesses the internet. This is also very annoying when installing new programs that try to access the internet... I figured it's best just to disable it for 30min, which is just enough time to finish what I was doing without Norton interferring.

NIS? Really? I had this problem with NAV but NIS has always been a charm, or at least before Symantec realized what I was actually holding. Oh well... if you had told me this problem, the solution you now offered would have been the first I would suggest scince the experiences with NAV :) .

Norton blocks and asks if you want to give permission to a program that accesses the internet.
Yeah it normally does, but didn't in this case, that's why i checked it later down the list of possible problems.
I figured it's best just to disable it for 30min, which is just enough time to finish what I was doing without Norton interferring.
I think mine was "disable for 5mins" so there was no way i was putting up with that :) plus if you need to get something from the web your a fish outta water :)

Norton is evil... Every time I hear about it from a real person it's bad (by real person, I mean I can see there face... I know there name)yep, I think boen_robot is a robot script that search this forum and makes answers and comments based on word groupings. It has even been programmed to spell incorrect and even understand bad english. jk

Norton is evil... Every time I hear about it from a real person it's bad (by real person, I mean I can see there face... I know there name)yep, I think boen_robot is a robot script that search this forum and makes answers and comments based on word groupings. It has even been programmed to spell incorrect and even understand bad english. He even brags about his scripting in his sig "<xsl:for-each select="problem"><xsl:value-of select="solution"/></xsl:for-each>" JK

yep, I think boen_robot is a robot script that search this forum and makes answers and comments based on word groupings. It has even been programmed to spell incorrect and even understand bad english. He even brags about his scripting in his sig "<xsl:for-each select="problem"><xsl:value-of select="solution"/></xsl:for-each>" JK

Hahaha. Very funny :) . And what language am I made from? DNA++ :) ? And what platform I run on? World XP :) ? And I'm probably installed on E:(arth)\Europe\Bulgaria\Plovdiv\*hidden*, right :blink: ? And who are my developers? Mother and Father... it took my dad few minutes (god knows how much exactly) and 9 months of development by my mom, not to mention 16 years of upgrades of the final first version, to produce the bot you see before you :blink: .Seriously, Norton Internet Security 2006 is a great program, but I too have seen many haters of the old versions, natively hating the new one, so I could see your point.By the way, XSLT is not exactly scripting, but nevermind. It was vchris who first bragged. I just joined him :blink: .Oh and... is my english really that bad :angry: ?

Oh and... is my english really that bad :) ?

You ran your comment through Spell Check before you posted it. LOL.Nah, I'm just kiddin' :) You can spell pretty good.

Hahaha. Very funny :) . And what language am I made from? DNA++ :) ? And what platform I run on? World XP :blink: ? And I'm probably installed on E:(arth)\Europe\Bulgaria\Plovdiv\*hidden*, right :angry: ? And who are my developers? Mother and Father... it took my dad few minutes (god knows how much exactly) and 9 months of development by my mom, not to mention 16 years of upgrades of the final first version, to produce the bot you see before you :blink: .
Ha ha you've taken that too far :( I think your english is good, your chip is value for money :blink:
Seriously, Norton Internet Security 2006 is a great program, but I too have seen many haters of the old versions, natively hating the new one, so I could see your point.
Norton Internet Security is ok :) apart from the fact that since i installed it whenever i log in to my pc it takes about 5 mins to finish checking everything, and the odd blip. Apart from that it's been good for me, only cost £26 so been good value :blink:

• 1 month later...
I have had problems with Norton as well.NIS 2006, i have 2 machines, i cant access network resources unless i disable NIS, thats a really big pain! lol
There are things known as exclusions you know... just enable the certain PCs to access yours.