Operation not allowed

justsomeguy

I am seeing this very helpful error message:Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005' Operation not Allowed /admin/instructorled_update_process.asp, line 7A Google search indicates that this message apparently applies to every single operation, ever. So that doesn't help in finding a solution or figuring out why the operation is not allowed. But this is the code, line 7 is the if statement:

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%><!--#include file="../Connections/dbcon.asp" --><%' check for instructor UIDset_instructor = falseif request.form("instructor_uid") <> "" then   set_instructor = true   instructor_uid = request.form("instructor_uid")end if

This is a page that lists 8 form fields for each user in a system. On the system I am having problems with, there are over 10,000 users (I know; I didn't design the page, I just have to fix it). On a smaller system with 3 users, I do not get the error. Opera is clearly strained to both display and submit the information for so many users, but the error happens in other browsers.Unless anyone can give me an idea why this happens, I'll just redesign the page not to display every user at once.