Need help with a script...

JeWeLS

In the admin it tells me to use it to put this:to track clicks on a link, use this URL instead of the link original URL:Replace ID with the ID number of the URL, for example:So which one do you think i should use? the cc_display or the one above? If I use the one above, how would i go about doing it? Or how would i go about putting that url into the script?

Edited by JeWeLS

You need a URL like that in order to count how many times the link has been clicked. So, if you want to count how many times the "REGISTER" link gets clicked, then the register link needs a URL like the one you have there, maybe with id=5, and then the javascript that says ccount_display("5") will show how many times that link has been clicked.Does that answer your question?

You need a URL like that in order to count how many times the link has been clicked.  So, if you want to count how many times the "REGISTER" link gets clicked, then the register link needs a URL like the one you have there, maybe with id=5, and then the javascript that says ccount_display("5") will show how many times that link has been clicked.Does that answer your question?

Yeah, that does. So in order for the javascript to work, do i need to find the display.php on my server in order for the script to work?

Right, the entire program is one package. The administration panel you have on your own server goes with the display.php file that is in the same directory. So if you use that display.php file in your javascript include path, the counter on that page will find all of your site's data and the definition for the missing function.

Right, the entire program is one package.  The administration panel you have on your own server goes with the display.php file that is in the same directory.  So if you use that display.php file in your javascript include path, the counter on that page will find all of your site's data and the definition for the missing function.

K. I will look for it on my server, and see if that does the trick. I will post again, if it doesn't. Thanks for helping me out....I really appreciate it.