Refreshing

The Praetorian

I've noticed that when I change things on my website, sometimes I actually have to go to one of the pages and hit refresh before the changes will take effect. I use FF as my default brower. Is this a browser issue? Or is there a tag I can add to my code to make it refresh automatically on viewing?

The first line tells the browser not to cache the page. and the second does basically the same thing

Expiration date of the document. Essentially this will cause a document to be reloaded from the website after the date (even if it is stored in the user's cache). Put a date in the past to disable caching of the document.

-1 is just an invalid date, so that it never caches. If some computer has a slow clock and says the date is yesterday, then it will still cache. -1 never caches, because the date is never -1. The two tags are supported by different browsers. I generally skip the pragma one, but I think that one works for Netscrape or something.http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/referenc...cle.php/3472881