Sorting based on alphabets...

pulpfiction

I have a list of company names, [this list has like 650 names] So to make the search easy, the top of the list has alphabets A to Z and "ALL" and when you click the alphabet then only those names starting with that alphabet show up in the list [i dont know if there's any tech name for this...] I use a stored procedure to do this. This is how its done for alphabetsALTER PROCEDURE SP_Name(@alpha varchar(1))ASSELECT fldnamesFROM tblnameWHERE listfldname LIKE @alpha+'%'RETURNQuestion: There are few names which start with numbers, how can i get those alone. Hope i am clear....TIA

Yeah I missed this point,For alphabets i have all of them seperate likeA B C D .... Z but the list of names that start with number is less, so i dont wanna do somthing like 0 1 2 3 ..... 9, instead like this(ALL) (0-9) (A) ..... (Z) Now (0-9) is a single button and when someone clicks on it all the names starting with number must be listed? How can we do this??

you could setup a seperate SP like so

SELECT fldnamesFROM tblnameWHERE listfldname LIKE '0%'OR listfldname LIKE '1%'OR listfldname LIKE '2%'OR listfldname LIKE '3%'OR listfldname LIKE '4%'OR listfldname LIKE '5%'OR listfldname LIKE '6%'OR listfldname LIKE '7%'OR listfldname LIKE '8%'OR listfldname LIKE '9%'

or pass in 'all' to @alpha in your existing SP and use a IF ELSE to determine which to use.