Help needed Compiled source unreadable?

Adje

Hello people

Can You help me with an Jave script ( it is unreadable and I think its also compiled or something like that )

I have try'd to look at it with an DeCompiler but it keeps unreadable

It is used for calculations in another part of de system ( XML scripts )

The system (soft- and hard-ware) is made by an company that is not able to get service of this product.

Because of problems with the system I'm trying to figure out how the software works.

But this script is the part that is not possible to see what is going on in it.

Filename = Calculations.js

Note: It is running on an "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz With Windows 7 Ultimate" system

When someone can get the file more readable much thanks.

calculations.js

Further inquirys give the following results:

When the programs are running (the total system), and I change the filename of Calculations.js  (say to Calculations_test.js) the folowing happen's:

The program keeps running good as long as I dont change the view (or refresh the page)

When I press F5 (refresh) then there comes an alarm message " ScripFault"  (the picture is in Dutch)

meaning "the value of the item covertValue null or not defined and no function" 

This should mean ( as far as my knowledge go's) that the script in Calculations.js is putting a little program with an name of "convertValue" in the computer and run it ??

scriptfout.png

He this looks good advice.

I downloaded the decoder.

But do You know how to Use it ?? When I run the decoder program there is opening an Command screen for some seconds and the closes that window.

Further there is happening nothing ??

YES it works perfectly  (I did'nt read the using instructions :wub: )

(there are some little strange codes but that's no problem.

But Now I have the sourcefile reconstructed so I can study on that and maybe improve it for the system.

After that I wonder if I have to encode it again ??

Thanks a lot

You don't have to encode it, that looks like a failed Microsoft attempt to hide Javascript.  I would be surprised if anything other than IE or Edge knows what to do with that, so it's better to leave it out.  Javascript code isn't exactly a trade secret.

Although it might be the case that the script tags tell the browser that it is encoded.  This is the correct script tag to use:

<script type="text/javascript" src="file.js"></script>