Show php filename instead stream url?

Badchip

Sounds like URL rewriting is taking place. In most cases this is taking place in the .htaccess file. 

If so, you may want to comment out the lines in the .htaccess file that is taking place or remove it all together but be cautious to not remove anything that can cause an internal error for your site; making your site inaccessible. 

No, this is just one piece of code.  Sending a location header tells the browser to redirect.  If you don't want the browser to redirect, then don't send a location header.  Instead, you can use PHP to just get the contents of the other file (e.g. using file_get_contents) and output that.  This is assuming that you just want to display the information in the browser.  If you want to prompt the user to download and save the data then there are some other headers you could use for that.

• 1 month later...

On 29/11/2017 at 1:29 AM, justsomeguy said:

No, this is just one piece of code.  Sending a location header tells the browser to redirect.  If you don't want the browser to redirect, then don't send a location header.  Instead, you can use PHP to just get the contents of the other file (e.g. using file_get_contents) and output that.  This is assuming that you just want to display the information in the browser.  If you want to prompt the user to download and save the data then there are some other headers you could use for that.

I have not been able to solve this problem. I would appreciate any example instead of explanations.

I have found another way to access a file without changing the URL name

readfile('http://www.streambox.fr/playlists/x36xhzz/x36xhzz.m3u8');

However it displays the code: http://int.hol.es/test.php

Please can you help me with a simple example?

If you don't want to just print the contents of the file then you need to send the correct headers to tell the browser how to use it.  If you just want the browser to download and save that file then the headers you need to send are a content-type header with the correct MIME type for a .m3u8 file, and maybe a content-disposition header.  Start by looking up the MIME type for that file and sending the content-type header.

Although I'm wondering why you're trying to use PHP to proxy a stream.  I don't think that's going to work, it looks like those URLs are relative and they are not on your server.  If your server is not a streaming server then why point your browser to your server instead of where the actual stream is?

40 minutes ago, justsomeguy said:

If you don't want to just print the contents of the file then you need to send the correct headers to tell the browser how to use it.  If you just want the browser to download and save that file then the headers you need to send are a content-type header with the correct MIME type for a .m3u8 file, and maybe a content-disposition header.  Start by looking up the MIME type for that file and sending the content-type header.

Although I'm wondering why you're trying to use PHP to proxy a stream.  I don't think that's going to work, it looks like those URLs are relative and they are not on your server.  If your server is not a streaming server then why point your browser to your server instead of where the actual stream is?

I already tried just what you say to download and save that file: http://int.hol.es/test2.php

header('Content-type: application/x-mpegURL');
header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename="video.m3u8"');
readfile('http://www.streambox.fr/playlists/x36xhzz/x36xhzz.m3u8');

However I can't open the stream; just view the content or download the file.
The only way I know is using "header" ... but it changes the URL.

Please, can someone show me an example for this?

Edited by Badchip

I'm almost positive that the reason you can't view the stream is because now the browser thinks everything is coming from your server, but the stream is not on your server.  If you open the actual .m3u8 file and look at the contents of it, notice the URLs do not have domain names or anything else.  All of those are relative URLs.  Your browser or whatever you're opening that file with is probably looking for those files on your server.

18 hours ago, justsomeguy said:

I'm almost positive that the reason you can't view the stream is because now the browser thinks everything is coming from your server, but the stream is not on your server.  If you open the actual .m3u8 file and look at the contents of it, notice the URLs do not have domain names or anything else.  All of those are relative URLs.  Your browser or whatever you're opening that file with is probably looking for those files on your server.

I'm just trying to open this stream from PHP, without changing the URL of the browser.
In other words, I want to hide the stream in PHP. (show "stream.php" instead http://www.streambox.fr/playlists/x36xhzz/x36xhzz.m3u8)

PS: I use Native HLS Playback to play m3u8 directly from Chrome.

Edited by Badchip

Right, you want to tell the browser that you're streaming from your server instead of the streambox.fr server.  That's the whole problem, your server does not have the stream on it.  streambox.fr has the stream on it.  So how do you plan to tell your browser that the stream is on your server but still have it get the stream from another server?  That doesn't make sense.  You're only getting the playlist file, you're not downloading any of the actual streams that the playlist refers to, you're not downloading any of the actual data, just a small text file that points to the actual data.  If you do want to mirror all of the actual streams then you need a legitimate streaming server and the infrastructure to download and save all of their streams at the same time.  It's a whole lot more work than using a couple PHP functions.  You've succeeded in getting the text file with PHP, it's easy enough to do that with file_get_contents or any of the other functions, but that's not what you want to do.  You want to mirror an entire set of streams which the text file points to and that's a whole lot more complicated than what you think it is.  The stream is not the .m3u8 file, that is only a text file which points to the actual streams.