HTML5 Search Input Operators?

csylos

Good afternoon, all. This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong here, but it is an important question as I'm dealing with this currently and it's quite an immediate issue.

That being said, here is my ordeal:

A website that we utilize is using HTML5 and using the input type "search" for some of their coding. To be more specific, it's to filter certain tickets (there's thousands of tickets, so you can see why this is important). I know you can use the search field to search for specific keywords, but I want it to filter out words that do not pertain to that. I know that the operator "!" can be used as IS NOT as it can be in scripting and coding. What I would like to know is if anyone knows any other operators that can be used. I've searched all over Google for an answer with no avail (I say all over, but only the 10 most relevant pages relating to the title).

Thank you in advance.

The HTML 5 search input is practically no different than a regular text input, it does not have syntax or operators. The searching has to be done by a program you built, either on the client-side with Javascript or the server-side with almost any programming language.