Please remove forum search limitations...

Rickname

It's getting frustrating having to wait on the timer before being allowed to proceed the search on the forum for answers for my coding problems. I understand it's a measure against bots/server flooding, but isn't it better options around that doesn't put so strict limitations on us users?

The forum software defaults to 20 seconds between searches. I've reduced it to 5 seconds for forum members, but due to the amount of traffic and large amount of unidentified bots on the site, the time limit will not be reduced for guests.

The forum software is not built by W3Schools, it was created by https://invisioncommunity.com/. They don't have a more user-friendly system, but I don't think such a system is possible. There is not a better solution against server overload attacks than to restrict the amount of heavy operations (like searches) that can be done by anonymous visitors to the site.

I am only a moderator, I did not decide on the forum software. However, from my experience with several different software packages, I find that this Invision is much more robust and has more features than phpBB, unless phpBB has had some major upgrades since I last worked with it.

Hmm... Get's this error when trying to search:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: vNsc6oJlMzWNEgFNcW68-rWg-Ewlj37-9_7YUIhGcUPvmt62n3hmRQ==