HOW CAN I OBTAIN A SOURCE TO A VIDEO?

MARCELO

I would like to play some videos in my website from Vimeo. I want to use them as background and others just with autoplay function.

Here´s what i dont know how to do:

<source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg">

OR

<source src="PATH_TO_MP4" type="video/mp4" />Your browser does not support the video tag. I suggest you upgrade your browser.
            <source src="PATH_TO_WEBM" type="video/webm" />Your browser does not supp

I heard i need to upload my videos in special websites  (and Vimeo is not one of them) to have a source. Is it true?

The video file has to be uploaded to a web host, just like any other resource on the site such as images, stylesheets and audio. Sites like Vimeo and Youtube use their own specialized video players, so you can't use videos from their websites like regular HTML videos. If you want to use the video source you will need to upload compatible video files to your own web host.

Where are you hosting your HTML right now if not on a web host? 

In my experience, free and reliable are mutually exclusive. The last time I looked for a free web host it seemed like a place called 000webhost was the best option, but it's been quite a few years since then.