Php page won't display due to permissions?

Html

Hello,

I'm not able to get a php page to display, I get the following error from visiting the page. 644 or 777 should be okay?

A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

What is the code that generated the failed permissions.  Your error message should show the source of the error message.

Roddy

I don't know about that, I setup a paid account and moved my page to that. I did everything the same over, so I'm not sure what could of caused that.

I then changed the permissions now, and it states couldn't connect to the db.

I used the ip address of the mysql server or localhost, it doesn't change the result of not being able to connect to the database, for a connect file and post.php file updates. On the free host I was using 644 permissions. So what would be the difference, change a few values for connecting to the database, should bring problems, could it be a php version problem?

Edited by Html
Tried different connect values for the db

The username is created by the system, and uses the database name.

As for the directory, public_html has 755, the connect.inc. has 644, index.php the same. Registration.php 644.

I changed it back to localhost, and instead of using the database, I used the username and db, which is how it appears to work with this paid host.

Edited by Html
Solved it.

Since you have a paid host, and you are trying to access files located on their server, they ought willingly to provide you with the support that you need.

Try support@paidhostname.someextension.

Roddy