Multistep form selection

MARCELO

In the case below, i tried to add nth child selector so i could stablish different size for a answer box in this multiplestep form. It worked only for the first tab (last name), and i tried to do the same to the second tab like i show in the case below (contact info: email), but it seems it wont work. 

How can i select it?

https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=FPU3YSO7NHLC

p:nth-child(2) {
    padding: 100px;
}

Should target the second child paragraph of the parent element div it is in.

p:nth-child(3) {
    padding: 100px;
}

Should target the third child paragraph element (if it exists, IE the birthday form) of the parent div element it is in.

That is what i am seeing

Well, now it is working as you said. But i can t select any box i want. The email field, for example. How could i select it?

Besides, in this example below i changed the input padding using the n child selection, but i couldnt move the YYYY to the beggining of the box. Is it possible?

Thanks. 

Sorry,  But i still can t select any box i want. The email field, as i told u as an example. How could i select it?

The n child seems to select only certain fields.. the first one in step one, the second in step two, the third in step 3.....

At least, that s what s happenning here

And thanks. 

I ll study what you answered me

Well the easier way would be to use unique id for these paragraph or input, since you are finding it difficult to target these elements using nth-child()'

or use attribute selector

input[name='email']{background:red;} where it will target the' name="email" ' of the email input.

Edited by dsonesuk