Namespace for macroses

porton

Is there an XML namespace for creating "macroses" (they receive arguments and create XML code from an XML template)?

Also, what about conditionals (if-then-else) and probably loops (as in functional programming languages)?

The closest thing you'll find is XSLT, but it will only work if passed through an XSLT parser. Most browsers have one built in, but if you're in a different environment it will have to load some tool or library to do it.

XML does not do anything on its own, it always has to be interpreted by a program.

XML does not have macros, it does not have conditionals or loops. It is hardly different than a plain text file. It does nothing until a program reads it.

@Ingolme I know that XML does not have macros.

But it is quite possible to create an XML namespace which could act like a macro language for XML.

I started this topic because I need to decide whether to create a new namespace (and its semantics) for this purpose, or whether there is already designed such a thing, so that I would not need to create new namespaces but use existing ones.