Best XML Schema Language

essdog

Hi everyone, I ran into some limitations describing my XML document using XSD and I came across about a half dozen of other schema languages. I read a little about Schematron, DSD, DTD, and a couple others. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something that can help me describe some conditional logic. Thanks. :)

I've never heared about anything else other then XML Schema and DTD. Those are THE best methods. They are both W3C reccomendations too. XML Schema has more advantages, so it's better. The only "weakness" which is also it's strongest point is that it's based on XML. That's where DTD comes in. It's based on text, thus leaving the XML advantages away.

I would love to use XSD, but my problem is I'm trying to write it for a 4000 line existing document. I came across a few limitations attempting to describe the document ie it's incapacity to describe unordered lists of elements that contain more than one of the same node (complex types). Any one else have experience with other schema languages?

I've never heared about anything else other then XML Schema and DTD. Those are THE best methods. They are both W3C reccomendations too. XML Schema has more advantages, so it's better. The only "weakness" which is also it's strongest point is that it's based on XML. That's where DTD comes in. It's based on text, thus leaving the XML advantages away.

There has to be a way. It's just missing in the tutorial (and I don't know it either). XML Schema is a very powerful language. It's just that the tutorials don't cover all of it.