php ajax multipart form data using method get

gongpex

Hello everyone,

it's possible or not to use 'GET' method to send data from ajax multipart form data like this :

var formData = new FormData( $("#fm")[0]);

$.ajax({
  type : "GET",
  cache: false,
  contentType: false,
  processData: false,
  url : "<?php echo base_url('index.php/update/do_update');?>",
  dataType : "json",
  data : formData,
  success : function(response){
  	alert('posted');
  }
});

Currently I used method 'POST' to send data, but it cause pending / stalled on XHR so all the process aborted.

Q1 : if the method must be 'POST' only , could you tell me the solution to avoid pending on ajax request?

Q2 : does the hosting provider have potential to influence the process? (currently I use free hosting to hosting my website)

Please help me, because I can't upload anything if the process still pending / stalled.

Thanks

Edited by gongpex
just add something left behind

You can use get for small data sets, but browsers will enforce a limit on the length of a URL.  Using post also makes sure that all of your form data is not saved in whatever log between your browser and the server that might save a URL.  

if the method must be 'POST' only , could you tell me the solution to avoid pending on ajax request?

I'm not sure how to answer that, because I doubt the problem is using post.  I would look up all of the options you're using for that request to verify that everything is correct.

Hello

Thanks for reply.

Today when I asked my hosting provider about why my ajax upload process is pending / staled they answered me :

"are you using script to sending data? it's probably blocked by free hosting BOT blocked"

Q : is this possible the main cause why my ajax process pending / stalled ?

because when I run my code (used post method) on localhost it able to sent as well.

please reply

Thanks