php function in javascript help

divinedesigns1

if I have a PHP function can I call it in a javascript function? I am pulling the information from a database using PHP? or do I have to use java for this? 

One of them runs in the browser and one of them runs on the server, so no.  What you can do is create an ajax request in Javascript and send it to the server with whatever data you want to send to tell the server what to do, and the server sends the response back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justsomeguy said:

One of them runs in the browser and one of them runs on the server, so no.  What you can do is create an ajax request in Javascript and send it to the server with whatever data you want to send to tell the server what to do, and the server sends the response back.

so use the ajax to get the information from the php to then call the ajax in javascript? if i understand correctly, thanks

Ajax is using Javascript to send a request to the server.  So you send whatever data you need to send to the server, the server gets the data and does whatever you want to do there, and you send any data you might want back to Javascript.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, justsomeguy said:

Ajax is using Javascript to send a request to the server.  So you send whatever data you need to send to the server, the server gets the data and does whatever you want to do there, and you send any data you might want back to Javascript.

thanks, sorry for the late reply