scroll text

could you be a little more specific or give an example?

yes, Let say I have a long paragraph but I just want to display a couple of line and let it scroll up slowly until it reach to the end of paragraph. this way I don't need to use too much space in a web page and just display a small window. So, do you get it? If you do your help is appreciated. Thanks for respond.

You could use the marquee tag.<div width="200" height="200"><marquee scroll direction="up" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrollamount="2">Due to the fact that the author of this short script has no imagination, this marquee has no descriptive text inside. Everyone is very sad.</marquee></div>

<div style="display: block;">stuff</div>

Hm? DIVs are already blocks by default...pnwynn, maybe this is what you want?
div {   height: 3em;   overflow: auto;}

By placing this in your CSS, it'll make the content of a <div /> 3 lines in height, with a vertical scrollbar to view the remaining of the text. It cannot be applied to a table though...

You could use the marquee tag.<div width="200" height="200"><marquee scroll direction="up" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrollamount="2">Due to the fact that the author of this short script has no imagination, this marquee has no descriptive text inside. Everyone is very sad.</marquee></div>

Hi chocolate570, this works great. Thanks for helping.