tools to compile PHP

aleksanteri

I have used PHP now for a while and would like to have MySQL with it too, but it looks like I need to compile PHP manually. I had PHP installed in a binary and I have now the source code (the binary is safe still :)) Few questions:- If I have PHP in C:\php-5.1.4\, what is the directory for MySQL? If MySQL doesn't come to the PHP directory, how do I configure PHP to use MySQL?- How do I configure PWS to use PHP?- Where can I get the tool to compile PHP?

Search for a tutorial on how to setup an AMP (Apache, Mysql, PHP) or install easyphp, and go to the php/mysql tutorial on freewebmasterhelp.com. I never heard of such thing as compiling php but I do use Crimson Editor (which uses code highlighting).

You don't need to recompile PHP to include MySQL. You can recompile it if you want, just for fun, but there's not really a reason to. You should download the manual zip file installation (not the Windows installer), run through the instructions of installing and configuring that, and once you get that working you can go to mysql.org and download MySQL, install that and get it set up, then you should be able to use PHP to connect to it. Once you have a MySQL server and a PHP server running, you can use one to connect to the other. They don't even need to be the same server, and they don't need to be compiled together. MySQL support is built-in to PHP now, and most of the other extensions are included in the zip installer for PHP.Once you get those two working, you will also want to download and install phpMyAdmin to help administer your databases.