Search Bar

Dan007007

so many errors, I don't know where to start to be honest. Here are a few on the top line:

Info Line 18, Column 1: start tag was here
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> 
Error Line 21, Column 15: "async" is not a member of a group specified for any attribute
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></…

Error Line 21, Column 77: required attribute "type" not specified
… async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Error Line 29, Column 8: required attribute "type" not specified
<script>

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Error Line 42, Column 6: document type does not allow element "html" here
<html>

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

On 11/26/2019 at 9:42 AM, dsonesuk said:

Place this just before /* Resize general elements to Media */ in general.css file

header .search {
    width: 38%;
}

header .search input {
    width: calc(95% - 75px);
}

header .search button {width: 75px;}

Place this after /* Resize general elements to Media */

@media only screen and (min-width:380px) and (max-width:768px) 
{
body header .search {width: 55%;}

.side_nav + header {
        height:auto;
    }
  header .logo {
    float: none;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    clear:both;
    width:100%;

}

header .logo a {
    float: none;
    margin:0 auto;
}

main {padding-top: 60px;}
}

you mean this?

1 hour ago, dsonesuk said:

I just added the first part you mentioned, that has helped, this below:

Place this just before /* Resize general elements to Media */ in general.css file

header .search {
    width: 38%;
}

header .search input {
    width: calc(95% - 75px);
}

header .search button {width: 75px;}

1 hour ago, dsonesuk said:

I provided link for correct doctype to use.

I tried that, yes, thanks, I'm not clear on how to do all that, but the thing you said earlier, worked on one of my 3 sites, I thought all the css code was the same on all 3, can't be. But main lock one search is tons better. thanks