html select, selected value as mysql SELECT FROM variable

freddyk

Hello, how would I change the ..."SELECT DISTINCT OWC FROM cmsExport ORDER BY OWC ASC;" ......OWC in mysql query to a value coming from a html select, selection value on my webpage? Can that be done? Sorry, been using HTML/PHP for my SELECT. Thanks heaps!

Edited by freddyk

It is possible for it to be done, but not safely. What sort of data are you working with here? Can you provide a light example?

This sort of thing usually indicates more of a design problem, than an implementation issue.

Hello and thank you. I have one table  (Tasks Table) which contains tasks information, skills and durations. The idea is to schedule these task considering skill availability and current loading per time unit. Selecting a row of this Task Table brings up the Availability/Loading information for that skill set clicked on. This is purely summing duration by selected skill and date and will be presented in a second table. In this second table I would like also a selection box which allows changing the skill set directly instead of clicking on the table row. I am very new to the web development, mysql, PHP etc. I have build this years ago in Excel and would like now to make an improved version as a web application. Right now I am trying to get a direction in my head which way to go with this, what is possible what is not. Been using internet search and books to help me with that. I guess what I struggle most with is the PHP Server, Javascript (Client) concept. Thanks again.