Targeting links to same location with transparency

dren68

I'm somewhat new to CSS and I'm still trying to grasp some of the concepts so I ended up here in search of answers. I've searched the forums, but haven't really found the answer I'm looking for, so here's what I'd like to know.I have an image map that looks like a desk with a notebook on the left side and a piece of paper on the right side. This is going to be the main page of the website. The links are going to be on the left with the notebook and the information will display on the right side. I would like to be able to target all of the links from the image map to the same position of the paper so that it looks like the information is directly on the piece of paper. (See photo below) I figured out how to position an i-frame in the appropriate spot, but it's not transparent so you don't see the image of the piece of paper underneath. I know it sounds pretty complicated, and it might not even be possible, but I thought I'd see if anyone might know how to do this. desktop_2.pngAny help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think this might help with your transparency issue. Although I can't test it, as I use Linux.I did a quick test on my computer and the iframe was transparent by default in my browser (Firefox 1.5.0.4).Also, to make the links open in the iframe you must give the iframe a name and then use the iframe's name as the target attribute's value in your link.

<a href="whatever" target="myiframe">link</a><iframe src="whatever" name="myiframe" />