payback

htmlover

Those jerks came here and ruined things for us. Isn't anybody going to do anything? Throw something back at them? Don't care if they fix it in 30 minutes as long as we do something.Hope I'm not the only one that feels this way.HTMLover

We don't have to. If we do, we lower ourselves to their level, which is very low actually. Without their notice to us how we could have fixed it, it was rather violent what they did, but that doesn't mean we should do the same. In fact, it wouldn't change anything. Just like putting a criminal behind bars, if he comes out, he hasn't changed a bit.Although I do want the one responsible for the act being punished, it doesn't matter if he gets.

Not that I am advocating this, but you can do exactly what they did. Search the web for exploits. Register on their forum and read about the exploits that are available. That's what happened to this forum, the same thing could happen there. But while tempting, vigilante justice isn't necessarily the right answer. The right answer would be to press charges against the attacker himself, and the forum moderator who placed a bounty on this forum (encouraged the attack). But keep in mind these attackers are not programmers, their primary skill is being able to find the pre-made script that does what they need. Also keep in mind that you are liable for anything you do, but if you were to use a proxy service or anonymizer like most attackers do, it wouldn't be very easy to track you down, which is why kids like that are able to hide like they do.Also, it's probably worth saying that if you want to browse their forum, it is probably best to only do it through an anonymizer to hide your IP address and host. Do a Google search for "anonymizer". They are free and do not require software installation. You can browse to whatismyip.com to verify that your IP is different.But I never browse their forum without masking my IP, and I never accept cookies from them either.And I shouldn't even have to mention that you should not be using IE either.

I was about to post a message about how GoDaddy is in the same city as I am, and I can feasibly "hack" their server in such a way that patches could not stop, but in researching their site it looks like they are being hosted by theplanet.com, not GoDaddy. Since they are several states away, I'm left with this. I encourage everyone to send a complaint to abuse at theplanet.com.

Hello,I am writing to formally complain against the actions of one of your clients, who has an account for the domain h4ckme.org. This web site is used as a community forum for disaffected children to trade software exploits, discuss how to compromise servers and software packages, and issue and respond to challenges to do so. This specific complaint is in response to an administrator of the h4ckme.org forum issuing a challenge for community members to attack the forum at w3schools.invisionzone.com, which is a community for web developers to help those with questions, and a subsequent attack from one of the members which resulted in the attacked forum losing a large amount of data, as well as all public access for just under a week. The h4ckme.org forum is being hosted on your server at 70.87.85.210, and their conduct is a violation of this section from your acceptable use policy:Customers are prohibited from engaging in any activities that The Planet determines in its sole discretion to constitute network abuse, including the following:Introducing or executing malicious programs into any network or server, such as viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, and key loggers.Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including port scans, flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, IP spoofing, and forged routing information. Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for the Customer's server.Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks.Interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network other than the Customer's host, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack.Conduct designed to avoid restrictions or access limits to specific services, hosts, or networks, including the forging of packet headers or other identification information.Using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a user's terminal session.I understand and acknowledge that ThePlanet is not in violation of anything, and is not liable for the actions of this community. However, due to the subject matter (the sole topic of the community forum is how to compromise the security mechanisms of servers and software, including the tools necessary to do so being present on the forum itself), the fact that the site is in violation of your AUP, and the fact that community leaders (possibly including the account holder himself) are encouraging their members to commit felonies, and even rewarding them when they do, I think that it would be an appropriate action for ThePlanet to suspend or disable this account.I look forward to your response and attention to this matter.

this is rediculous - there will be no talk of revenge or would be scenarios on this board. I don't care if I stand alone on this matter, but within the first month of this boards creation, we chastised and banned noobs for asking us how to hack and now some of your are considering it due to recent misfortunes - I will leave this forum cold turkey before I am associated with hypocrazy.CLOSED!