First steps to create a typing site

Anamaria222

Hello everyone,

One day I had this idea to create a website, for children to learn touch typing, so I ve started to learn Html, Css, Java, for months now, from v3schools.com.

But sincerly I have no idea how to start. I want to create a keyboard with hands that press the keys at the time you press your keyboard, a text that is overwritten by the user and also a Wpm counter and the accuracy. 
Can anyone guide me what do I need to focus my learning, the Starting keypoints, some usefull information.

thank you so much for your time.

Ana

I don't know where to begin in explaining how it's done. It is a big project. Part of learning programming is learning how to break requirements down into its components and identify how the components interact with each other. Even before that, you need to create very clear requirements. Write a document describing how the program should work in detail from a user's perspective. Without that document even I cannot write the software for you.

What is the very first thing that the user sees when they land on the page? What buttons, pictures and text are there and how is the user meant to interact with all of these elements on the page?

None of that has anything to do with programming, it's merely describing what you want your software to do and it is one of the most important parts of any project.

22 hours ago, Ingolme said:

I don't know where to begin in explaining how it's done. It is a big project. Part of learning programming is learning how to break requirements down into its components and identify how the components interact with each other. Even before that, you need to create very clear requirements. Write a document describing how the program should work in detail from a user's perspective. Without that document even I cannot write the software for you.

What is the very first thing that the user sees when they land on the page? What buttons, pictures and text are there and how is the user meant to interact with all of these elements on the page?

None of that has anything to do with programming, it's merely describing what you want your software to do and it is one of the most important parts of any project.

Thank you for your answer, you are right. 
I had thinking of these aspects you mentioned. I have the picture in my mind how it should look. 
I will write it down in a paper.

Thank you so much.

Even if you gave me only few suggestions, i am very gratefull.

1 hour ago, Anamaria222 said:

Thank you for your answer, you are right. 
I had thinking of these aspects you mentioned. I have the picture in my mind how it should look. 
I will write it down in a paper.

Thank you so much.

Even if you gave me only few suggestions, i am very gratefull.

Hello,

I've put the ideas on a power point, it is Romanian language as it will be the site, hope you can understand the basic ideas.

Any suggestions are more then welcomed.

Thank you so much.

Multumesc.

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg