RPG Game

Joshua Swafford

I want to make a RPG game that can be run in a browser. The goal of the post is to see if I can get other developers to help.

I know HTML and CSS but don't know JavaScript, which is a big part of game. ( I am learning it now )

I want the graphics to look similar to pixel dungeon.

The people who sign up will get equity of the game. While this game is to be made for fun it could also make money.   

For more details about the game details ( such as classes, levels, etc. ) contact me. 

Please read our guidelines:

• [topics] Must be a Specific Problem or Question related to web design and developmen

Do you code?

Edited by niche
  • Thanks 1

That's a start.  This is the place to learn some of the other scripting languages you'll need to know and work out the bugs in the code that you'll need to write.

• Like 1

Please, leave the moderating to the moderators. While the General forum is described as general discussion about W3Schools.com, we do allow topics that don't fit other categories to go there. The guidelines are just guidelines, not necessarily strict rules. The guidelines are written this way to make it more likely for somebody to have their question answered.

With that out of the way, it's not a good idea to just sign up to the forums to recruit people. On these forums, what people can offer you is advice about coding, software design and even game design if you need it. To start, you will need to describe in which areas you need help. There's a whole lot more to game development than programming, in fact, programming is only a small part of it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, Ingolme said:

Please, leave the moderating to the moderators. While the General forum is described as general discussion about W3Schools.com, we do allow topics that don't fit other categories to go there. The guidelines are just guidelines, not necessarily strict rules. The guidelines are written this way to make it more likely for somebody to have their question answered.

With that out of the way, it's not a good idea to just sign up to the forums to recruit people. On these forums, what people can offer you is advice about coding, software design and even game design if you need it. To start, you will need to describe in which areas you need help. There's a whole lot more to game development than programming, in fact, programming is only a small part of it.

Ah sorry for being an inconvenience then. As a note I did not join just to recruit people; it just seemed like a good first post.