Inquiry: Javascript and Webcrawlers

frankosport19

Greetings ....

With regards to the following two javascript protocols  (in larger bold letters) ...

»»   <a href="javascript: void(0)" onclick="location.href='somesite.worldwideweb'">somesite</a>

»» document.write("<a href="somesite.worldwideweb">somesite</a>");

... my question is what effect do either of these have on web-crawler robots from the likes of Google, Bing or archive-dot-org's Wayback Machine ?? Do either or both of  these  keep a crawler from recording and following the particular link or not ??

Regarding pages that automatically re-direct to other pages using Javascript, would these also be crawler deterrents ?? FYI - I currently use a Javascript that erases mention of the re-directing page from a web-browser's history.

I should point out that I am already aware of other web-crawler deterrent methods, such as "disallow" in robots.txt; the META tags noindex, nofollow; non-publicly accessible pages; password-protected pages and folders.

Thanx-A-Lot. Stay Safe and Well.

Edited by frankosport19
Additional Info and protocol correction

Neither of those guarantee that the link won't be crawled. Crawlers are pretty intelligent these days.

If you don't want your link crawled, add a rel="nofollow" attribute to the <a> element.