IP tracking?

tyler

Hey I just added that browser code in javascript really cool. I was just wondering is it possible to add ip showing to that too? and if so can i get cookies emailed to me tellng me there ip for future renfrence?

From what I know, JS is not capable of detecting IP addresses currently. Maybe in later versions. But right now, the only way to do this is use AJAX and a php page, rename your page to name.php and add the following line:<? echo $REMOTE_ADDR ?>where the IP should appear, or use an iframe. Oh, you can also use ASP and whatever, but it's most probable you have a server with php installed. As for emailing the IP to you, you'll definitely need server side code like PHP. Then you just use the mail() function inide the page. Hope that helps.Choco

• 2 months later...
Thanks but by chance does geocities suppost php? Because I'm using that temporarly and i think i tired that .php extension and it didnt work :|
http://www.awardspace.com/The above link is to a web hosting site that supports PHP even for free accounts. Try it out.