Custom html for individual pages

blackdog

Hi. I am playing around with an old website while trying to learn about html and css and am trying to achieve something to do with the page background image and it's title or caption.

The site is here: www.ancrumcrosskeys.com

In the top right I have placed a custom html widget which contains the title of the image you can see in the background. However if you navigate to a different page the image changes but the 'title' stays the same. What do I need to add to have the title change with the image?

Hope you can help.

S

It looks like your website is using Wordpress, so this is more of a Wordpress question than an HTML question. I don't have much experience with Wordpress so I couldn't tell you how to have a custom block of HTML for each page.

10 hours ago, Ingolme said:

It looks like your website is using Wordpress, so this is more of a Wordpress question than an HTML question. I don't have much experience with Wordpress so I couldn't tell you how to have a custom block of HTML for each page.

Thanks Ingolme. You're correct that it is based on a wordpress template but, just for arguments sake, if it wasn't and you wanted to achieve the result I am looking for ie. a caption which changes with the background image for each page, how would you do it?

There is nothing I can tell you which would apply to wordpress.

If I wanted to keep things simple, I would just write different text in each HTML file on the website.

If my website had a backend, I would probably write software in a server-side programming language which generates both the background image and associated text based on the URL.