Problems with Installing Perl Module (DBI) on windows with PPM

heero11yuy

Problems with Installing Perl Module (DBI) on windows with PPM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I don't know why whenever I try to install the perl module DBI thru PPM on windows, the computer is crashed... and restarted... Platform is Windows XP professional, Perl version I used are 5.6 & 5.8.8... I tried both and both have the same problems... please give me a hand, I'd be very appreciated... I need the module DBI installed for finishing my project... The command I typed was:ppm>install dbiit then checked 73 files outta 73 files... then start copying the files... during this process, it crashed & restarted... everytime the same...

According to this page, it looks like DBI might not be supported on Windows:http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.6.htmlYou can try emailing ActiveState about it and see if they have anything to say. The address they give is ppm-request@ActiveState.com
Thanks a lot, it's very helpful... it doesn't say that it supports XP when I downloaded Perl... so I was wondering if it supports xp... however, appreciated.