Cannot change text colour

Gunzel

Hi, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to coding, I use Dreamweaver with bootstrap. I have a header that I can't figure out how to change the colour of the text.

Here is a link to the page, 

http://www.victorianrailways.net/freight/freight pages/alx/alx.html

In the header are the words "freight home" which is in silver, I want to change it to white. I've combed through the CSS and can't see where it is telling the text to be that colour.

Thanks for any help and sorry for asking such a novice question.

Right click the text "freight home" and select 'inspect' the text should be highlighted and web developers tools panel should appear showing the HTML element to left and CSS rules applied to that element to the right! It also shows the css filename and line of the affecting rule position. That selector with color: property is what controls the text color(It always shows the selector with highest precedence at the top, as if you scroll down you will see multiple anchor selectors with color: properties. )

.navbar-inverse .navbar-nav > li > a {
  color: #9d9d9d;
}

This is the css to change from #9d9d9d; to #ffffff; HEX (white); Although I would create a custom.css file and put this change in that! then make sure the link to the custom.css file is below the link to bootstrap.css so it becomes a higher precedence over same bootstrap rules you are changing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 7:30 AM, Gunzel said:

Hi, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to coding, I use Dreamweaver with bootstrap. I have a header that I can't figure out how to change the colour of the text.

Here is a link to the page, 

http://www.victorianrailways.net/freight/freight pages/alx/alx.html

In the header are the words "freight home" which is in silver, I want to change it to white. I've combed through the CSS and can't see where it is telling the text to be that colour.

Thanks for any help and sorry for asking such a novice question.

See this, I was also having the same problem with this page but I fixed it through WP's block editor plugin.