what is the best way to....

yaniv

hiim talking about the end-user. what will be more friendly?what will be faster to download? what will support all browsers?and what will be easier for me to build? what tools/programs do i need if i choose to go with a regular video?in the movie i also want to capture the mouse movement (if i click a button)how can this be done?i know its a lot of questions.....but i never done this before and its got to be very proffesionalthanks for your replyyaniv

If you're willing to spend some serious money on this, then you can go buy camtastia studio, which is a program that is like a movie camera for your pc. You can record whatever you're doing and edit and so on.Flash is more user friendly, and all browsers support it(or almost all), but you have to download flash, which most people have. :)Camtastia studio would be much easier to built. You wanna be able to interact with the movie? Then you have to use flash. Sorry. :)

hi chocolate570, thanks for your replay,what do you mean " interact with my movie " ?i want to record my voice, capture the screens and the mouse movements.its tutorials for a software that my company developed.so is this can be done with flash?i will open the the software (we developed) and open flash in the background, so it can record everything i do on screen, and it will also record my voice?do you understand what i mean?thankssssssyaniv

Camtasia Studio is definitely what you're looking for. If you're willing to buy Flash, you may as well buy this - it's not that expensive...It can do a certain amount of interactivity too - quizzing and so on.

I have Camtasia Studio, it sounds like it was make for what you are doing. It can record the screen, your voice (with a microphone of course) and the sound your computer is outputting. It can also have a live video input eg. digital video camera. Camtasia Studio is about $300 so if you are going to buy it I would think about it first, unless your company is quite big.

heyi have the Flash program (but i never used it for such things)i checked Camtasia Studio and it looks like a real cool programis there any way (and hopefully easy) to do what i want with out spending a lot of money?thanksyaniv

• 1 month later...
heyi have the Flash program (but i never used it for such things)i checked Camtasia Studio and it looks like a real cool programis there any way (and hopefully easy) to do what i want with out spending a lot of money?thanksyaniv

Hi! I'm not sure but you might be able to use the Fraps program to do this as well,it costs aliot less money i use it to record in the game that i play "Battlefield2" and the sound can be recorded as well! just look up fraps in google!

Camtasia Studio is truly THE best tool out there and THE easiest. I think there's a trial version of it, so you can just record everything before it expires.Macromedia has an application which uses Flash in order to record and possibly interact with the user. The program is known as Captivate. By "interaction" we mean to make the end-user click on a certain area of the video so something could happen. It's a good thing, but it's not neccesarry you know :) .By the way, yaniv, would you mind showing us your company's site and possibly the application itself :) .

The free version of FRAPS can only record a video to maximum lenght of 30 seconds. The free AND the comercial version of FRAPS both use a minimal video compression, making the final movie really huge. Even if you can overcome theese difficulties, FRAPS can only record video in full creen applications(games). It's not suitable for making application tutorials if it was even able to do so.[edit] I love SnagIt. It is truly great for making tutorials BUT it's optimized for making screenSHOTS a.k.a. pictures, not videos. In fact, Camtasia Studio and SnagIt are both made by TechSmith, which kind of explains a lot. If looking for screenshots, look no further. SnagIt forever :) , but for videos... I don't know. I still believe that Camtasia is most appropriate.By the way, yaniv, we're still waiting for a link...[/edit]

The free version of FRAPS can only record a video to maximum lenght of 30 seconds. The free AND the comercial version of FRAPS both use a minimal video compression, making the final movie really huge. Even if you can overcome theese difficulties, FRAPS can only record video in full creen applications(games). It's not suitable for making application tutorials if it was even able to do so.

Try using Snagit! it's a really decent program to use for that stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me get this right:you've never done this beforeyou want it to be 'very professional'you want it to be 'faster to download'you want it to work in 'all browsers'you want it to be 'hopefully easy'AND you want it to be cheaper than $300?Let me ask: were you able to do this project without re-evaluating your project goals?