Detailed Explaination(sp?)

joecoolaug

I've noticed recently a lot of people asking questions about things that are already in the tutorials (and that I've been posting a lot on this forum recently, sorry, I've gotten a little carried away giving my opinion). The reason for that, I believe, is that they have had bad experiences with other tutorials not giving detailed enough explainations. Some of it, I agree, is that people don't feel like looking for their answers and just ask us.I've noticed while browsing the javascript forums here a bunch of code I'd never seen from a people on various questions. I've read the javascript tutorial almost ten times, and I find myself totally lost in the complex code(from the people posting). One of the most outstanding things was the explaination of JS cookies. They barely explain anything, and I basically have to use the code that they give me because I don't know enough about it to change it to what I need it for.All I'm asking for is that someone from the W3schools staff will see this and do something about the more detailed explanation and adding some of that complex code I've been seeing :).Can anybody relate?

The fact is that these days, many things on W3Schools is going to be updated, as I heard.See the CSS tutorial, have you somewhere seen something about CSS3? It is never mentioned, but it still exists. Also see the lists of attributes and elements, or methods and properties, they all should mention the first version of browsers the item exist in, but not all do that. On top of this, all data is getting a bit outdated :)So you are right about that, but the fact is just the whole site will get an update, and you do know how big it is, don't you :)I think it will eventually come accross, but we should have to wait untill they get the time they need to do this. :)

Keep in mind that there is always more than one way to skin a cat. So a good tutorial will give you the tools and information you need to do the job, but it will leave the creative coding up to the individual. Simple tutorials show the bare bones requirements which should lead you into a creative exploration of the possibilities the language provides.

Keep in mind that there is always more than one way to skin a cat. So a good tutorial will give you the tools and information you need to do the job, but it will leave the creative coding up to the individual. Simple tutorials show the bare bones requirements which should lead you into a creative exploration of the possibilities the language provides.
Hmmm... Never thought about it that way.

for example I am now trying to build a web crawler. I won't find a tutorial telling me step by step hwo to make it. I need to decide what it needs to do then break it into pieces.Then I can find basic examples of how to complete those pieces.

for example I am now trying to build a web crawler. I won't find a tutorial telling me step by step hwo to make it. I need to decide what it needs to do then break it into pieces.Then I can find basic examples of how to complete those pieces.
Thanks for the info...Uhhh... what's a web crawler?