How to get for() and $_post to work..

reportingsjr

I have a system where you can select how many forms you want to create, and it uses a for statement to create all of these, then I need it so when they submit it, the forms get submitted into a mysql database 1 by 1, but since the naming system uses numbers, it wont work. how would I do this:

for($i = "0"; $i < $_POST['amt']; $i++){			$query = "INSERT INTO `monsterdb` 			VALUES(			'" . $_POST['{$i}name'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}level'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}members'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}habitat'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}exp'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}100%'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}gold'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}weapons'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}armour'] . "',			'" . $_POST['{$i}other'] . "'			)";				}

How can I get this to work? I really need this because it will make my job like 100X easier :).

Use this and see if it helps :)

for($i = 0; $i < $_POST['amt']; $i++) {	$query = "INSERT INTO `monsterdb` VALUES(	'{$_POST["name{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["level{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["members{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["habitat{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["exp{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["100%{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["gold{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["weapons{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["armour{$i}"]}',	'{$_POST["other{$i}"]}'	)";}

And change the names of the form elements so that the numbers follow the name instead of the other way round. Names starting with numbers may cause any problems :)

Ohhh, double qoutes. thanks! Ill test it now :)But wouldnt the double qoutes interfere with the surrounding doubles? Maybe the curly brackets let them be there..

Indeed, if the string is dubble quoted, the quotes between the curly brackets don't matter what they are. They should at least be double too when inside those another pair of curly brackets will occur, like in this situation. :)