want to develop simple website

cerebrosys

u need to have a small look at the html language, so to read the tutorial on the w3schools website, and then use the frontpage from the office XP to have a look how it could works and other stuffs.if u need to develop a small website with free templates, then go to www.freeservers.com and then register for it (free of charge), and so that is ur website is ready to edit and view it.After that, u need to be more expert in it and need to know and write javascripts or vbscripts, that will enable u to create a dynamic website (also u can use php , asp, ...).so, go ahead , the gates are openposts ur questions here

So this is what a document will look like:Mainly written in HTML. This is the language that tells the browser what to show.Second, inside the Html you might find JavaScript (or vbscript, js is better). This is the languange that tells the Html how to be manipulated.At last, if you are allowed to use it on the server, you can add PHP to it. This is the language that tells the server how to write the JavaScript or Html, depends on the placement of the php-element. Telling something to the server has its advantages and disadvantages: it does not allow the user to see what the code is and it does the working on the server, but on the other hand, too much might couse mayor slowings.Good luck :)

u need to have a small look at the html language, so to read the tutorial on the w3schools website, and then use the frontpage from the office XP to have a look how it could works and other stuffs.if u need to develop a small website with free templates, then go to www.freeservers.com and then register for it (free of charge), and so that is ur website is ready to edit and view it.After that, u need to be more expert in it and need to know and write javascripts or vbscripts, that will enable u to create a dynamic website (also u can use php , asp, ...).so, go ahead , the gates are openposts ur questions here

Hi, Thank you very much man. Now i am getting some confidence that i can create my website soon. Then one more thing, i don have frontpage installed in my pc. Is there any free software for developing web pages like frontpage?Thanks,Chandru

Maybe yes, maybe no.Maybe both :) I don't know exactly, just wanted to say this :(You can write all yourself, but then you should know all the faces of the specific languages, which I cannot recommend for beginners :) You could therefor try to get a program. I do recommend though, getting one that is not advanced :) The more advanced they are, the more they don't allow you to create axactly whay you want :D

May I reply to that? :(I think it may be better to learn JavaScript before PHP, they use almost the same syntaxis so it won't bother doing those at same time :)JavaScript is extremely useful over PHP, it manipulates documents at the browser, PHP only at the server :)(At the browser you're able to adjust the page for one user only, which means not-permanent)So this is wat we say is best order of the langs:Html (I say Xhtml, but that is for later use), Css, JavaScript, Php, MySql

Edited by Dan The Prof

May I reply to that? :(I think it may be better to learn JavaScript before PHP, they use almost the same syntaxis so it won't bother doing those at same time :)JavaScript is extremely useful over PHP, it manipulates documents at the browser, PHP only at the server :)(At the browser you're able to adjust the page for one user only, which means not-permanent)So this is wat we say is best order of the langs:Html (I say Xhtml, but that is for later use), Css, JavaScript, Php, MySql

i think you're right. javascripts is also very important and give syou a hang to php also. in php you also need some javascripts to spice it up.so yea html, then css, javascript, php, mysqlxhtml is not used that much (i think) but it'll be an advantage to learn it.

i think you're right. javascripts is also very important and give syou a hang to php also. in php you also need some javascripts to spice it up.so yea html, then css, javascript, php, mysqlxhtml is not used that much (i think) but it'll be an advantage to learn it.

yeah u maybe right, but as u know, as the technology is developing there is no much space to learn everything, so for example, using the macromedia dreamweaver 2004, u can use it to write css file within minutes,without the need to write every command, but u must have a good knowledge about manything to understand them.

Hi,  Thank you very much man. Now i am getting some confidence that i can create my website soon. Then one more thing, i don have frontpage installed in my pc. Is there any free software for developing web pages like frontpage?

Plenty, and just about all of it is better than FP. Which isn't hard.You can write HTML in Notepad. Same for CSS and PHP, probably most of the others as well. Or, if you want pretty colours (they do help, easier to navigate if different tags stand out), get TextPad or similar.A good CSS tool is TopStyle. There's a freeware version as well as a paid version, though it has a few less features :)

Why do you need Dream Weaver or FP if you know html?? I've never used an editor, I don't see why any one else should have to eaither. And knowing php isn't required to be a good webmaster. It just restricts you a bit more to what you can and can't do.

So this is wat we say is best order of the langs:Html (I say Xhtml, but that is for later use), Css, JavaScript, Php, MySql

:) I skipped JS, might learn it later, I just didn't see the relevance at first.Also, yes, even though I do know a fair bit of HTML now, I use HTMLGate for the syntax highlighting, also makes it easier to see errors.

• 2 weeks later...
I've used FP, Dreamweaver, Notedpad, and many other programs, but i think HTML-Kit is the best. It doesnt interfere with what you're doing (unlike Dreamweaver), it helps you with indentation and color-coding (unlike notepad) and it really works (unlike FP)Oh, and its free :) You can download it here: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/download/dain

where can i get it??

not sure about what is easier to learn, both JS and PHP are simple languages if you want to do simple things, hard if you want a good DOM handling/multi-browser compatibility, and database handling...maybe PHP is a bit easier in this point cuz you dont have to worry about the user browser/browser version...but JS for sure is a lot more useful if you are a begginer, so it come first